“A dream is the visualization of your goal and the motivation for your soul,” insists Kristoffer Howes, legendary entrepreneur and CEO of Weal Media. Michael Gerber, author of Awakening the Entrepreneur Within, describes a dream as “a statement of the greater good you want to create in the world.”
A dream moves and inspires you. It awakens your passion. It fills you with hope and pumps your life with purpose and meaning.
In Put Your Dream to the Test, John C. Maxwell adds that a dream is “an inspiring picture of the future that energizes your mind, will, and emotions, empowering you to do everything you can to achieve it.” Ask yourself:
More than 2,000 years ago, Aristotle advised his students, “First, have a definite, clear, practical ideal – a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends – wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end.”
You may have lost touch with your own dream or forgotten what fills your life with purpose and meaning. I invite you to consider:
Joel Brown, CEO and founder of Addicted2Success, provides a powerful list of reasons which explain why it is so important to pursue your dreams:
1. The secret of living is giving. If you follow your dreams, you will have something worth sharing with others: hope, inspiration, and purpose.
2. Dreams inspire us to be hopeful and young-at-heart.
3. Great dreamers are independent. They understand they have power within them to make a difference in the world.
4. Dreams fill you with a positive perspective. Negative drama is obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
5. When you pursue your dreams, you understand failure leads you from where you are to where you want to go.
6. Dreamers understand that age irrelevant.
7. Dreamers face fear with courage because they see challenges as opportunities to feel invigorated and alive.
Brown believes when you accomplish your dream, you are the first to see and experience it as it unfolds. You can share your accomplishments with the rest of the world and enjoy the magic as you reach your goal.
In my book, Dreams to Action Trailblazer’s Guide, I provide tools that allow you to dream big, plan well, and transform your dream into manageable chunks that can be incorporated into your daily routine. As you develop your own plan of action with tangible goals to pursue your passion, consider these essential dreams-to-action steps:
Network with those who support you and your vision. Be open to learning new information. Create positive affirmations such as:
Look for resources that will help you refine your skills. Write a personal purpose statement. Create SMART personal goals that will help you pursue your dream with direction. Find free printable tools that will help you pursue your passions with confidence on my website at www.DrJulieConnor.com.
Passion fuels dreams. Commitment fuels action. Get clear about what you want to do and why you want to do it. Allow time to regularly reevaluate and refine your goals. Make adjustments within your schedule to engage in goal-related activities. And, most importantly, commit to the work of pursuing your dream. Take action.
Your time is now!