I recently asked a group of adults to describe important qualities they believed young people look for in a role model. They said a strong role model is Read more →
I inspire YOUTH to be LEADERS and ADULTS to be MENTORS and ROLE MODELS
My name is Julie Connor. As a speaker, educator, leadership expert, and best-selling author, I inspire young people to dream big, plan well, work smart, and transform their dreams into action with tangible goals.
I believe adults play a crucial role in helping young people develop leadership skills and tools to be effective mentors and role models.
Without training, youth leadership opportunities are reduced to fund-raising and event-cleaning projects. There’s nothing wrong with fund-raising and service projects, but youth need opportunities to formulate a vision, define their purpose, create their own goals.
Without training, adults often become silent bystanders or juvenile delinquents. Youth will tell you they don’t need adults to be their friends. They want adults who are not afraid to challenge them and mentor them as they develop confidence and try to sharpen new skills that will help them be successful in the future.
I provide youth and adults with skills and tools to:
- Define your purpose.
- Create a powerful vision aligned with your core values.
- Outline your mission with attainable goals.
- Resolve conflict and develop strong communication strategies.
- Engage in positive collaboration and teamwork.
- Establish a clear model of leadership for empowering future leaders.
- Train youth and adults to be effective mentors and role models.
- Create a spectacular action plan – starting today!
I have helped businesses and organizations, schools and churches, adults and students launch solid programs with a collaborative vision and mission and engage in long-term planning for more than 30 years. I provide:
- Dynamic keynote presentations and workshops.
- Personal coaching for people in all stages of life transition.
Find your awesome! Get CLEAR. Get SOCIAL. Let’s get STARTED today!